Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Dawning of Power by Brian Rathbone

Here is the books description:
Echoes of the ancients' power are distant memories, tattered and faded by the passage of eons, but that is about to change. A new dawn has arrived. Latent abilities, harbored in mankind's deepest fibers, wait to be unleashed. Ancient evils awaken, and old fears ignite the fires of war. In times such as these, ordinary people have the power to save the world or destroy it. 

I have to say, I really enjoyed this book.  There were some points where I just couldn't put it down.  I love the characters and how they interact.  You will fall in love with Catrin, she is a simple girl raised by her father on their farm.  Catrin doesn't know that one day she is to be the "Herald of Power".

Trying to learn her new powers and how to control them she is set off on a journey into the unknown and having no idea what the outcome of this journey might be.

I love her strength and courage as she faces the unknown and the love she has for her family and friends.

You will cheer for her and feel her pain as she completes her journey with her friends as they fight to keep their countryside.

I have posted the link for Brian Rathbone's book The Dawning of Power, contrary to few of the other reviews, I really felt this book was well worth the read (I don't know what book they were reading, but it wasn't this one).

Pinky